Thursday, May 20, 2004

Long live the Kings

I became a Sacramento Kings fan a few years ago. I love the way this NBA team plays the game of basketball. Last night I found out that the Timberwolves had beaten them in the playoffs and will be going on to the next round against the Lakers. I taped the game while we were out, but I still haven't had the heart to watch it. It's irrational how I love the Kings, hate the teams that beat them, and get so excited watching ridiculously well-paid, extraordinarily tall men run up and down the floor to throw a ball through a hoop.


From Ernest Thayer's "Casey at the Bat":
Oh, somewhere in this favored land the sun is shining bright.
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light.
And, somewhere men are laughing, and little children shout,
but there is no joy in Mudville -- mighty Casey has struck out.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home